Have you been wanting to develop a new healthy habit? You’ve made mental notes to go to the gym every morning, but no matter how much you try, it’s just impossible to leave your bed and go to the gym. You’ve probably tried to eat healthier, but those junk won’t stop calling you. Making conscious choices about daily habits not only reduces your risk of diseases but also boosts your immune system.
To build a new habit there are a few steps that are unavoidable and necessary.
Steps to build a new habit
1. Decision: It’s essential to make up your mind about building a new habit. To do this, you can list what benefits this new habit has and what’s at stake if it’s not developed. This is a tip to help you convince yourself that it’s necessary to build this habit.
2. Break it: once you’ve made up your mind, it’s essential to break it into bits and take it one step at a time, as it’s a gradual process. For instance, If you are trying to develop a habit of drinking more water, start by getting a water bottle, filling it with water, and taking it everywhere
3. Practice: Make sure to put this new habit into practice every day, do not skip a day. You can fix it for a specific time each day, set a reminder or do anything that works for you. If you want to start exercising, try waking up at 8 am every morning to do 3-4 sit-ups. Gradually, you’d find yourself wanting to do more sit-ups.
4. Companionship: Finding someone to practice a new habit with makes it easier to develop. Find someone who can constantly motivate you to stick to your decision and pull you up when you’re tired.
5. Reward yourself: It’s important to reward yourself. You can do this after each day or week. If you’re trying to eat healthily, you can reward yourself after each apple you eat in a day or reward yourself at the end of the week.
6. Don’t give up, keep trying. It’s never easy to develop or drop an old habit but in the end, it’s always worth it
what do you think?